On-line self help divorce class
Ask yourself the following questions. To use the easy method you must be able to answer “Yes” to all of the following. If any of the following is answered “No”, you must click “No” at the bottom of the page. If, however, you can answer “Yes” to ALL of the following questions, please click “Yes” at the bottom of the page.
- Neither of you is dependent on the other for monetary support or each of you are both willing to waive the right to support. You both understand that consultation with an attorney may help you determine eligibility for support.
- Either you or your spouse have lived in Illinois for 90 days
- Irreconcilable differences have caused the irretrievable breakdown of your marriage; you both have been separated 6 months or more and efforts at reconciliation have failed or future attempts at reconciliation would be impracticable and not in the best interest of the family.
- No children were born of your relationship with your spouse nor adopted by either party, and the wife, to her knowledge, is not pregnant by the husband.
- The duration of your marriage has not exceeded eight years.
- Neither of you have interest in real property (land, homes, farmland).
- You both waive any right to maintenance (alimony).
- The total fair market value of all marital property, after deducting what you owe or liens, is less than $10,000; the combined gross annualized income form all sources is less than $35,000; and neither party has a gross annual income in excess of $20,000.
- You both have disclosed to each other all assets and tax returns for all years of the marriage.
- You both have executed a written agreement dividing all assets in excess of $100 in value and allocating responsibility for debts between the parties.
If you said “Yes” to ALL of the above, click here.
If you said “No” to Any of the above, click here.
All of the packets and supplements created by the Self Help Legal Center are copyrighted. You are free, however, to download and to copy any of the packets or supplements created by the Self Help Legal Center for your personal use or if you are a non-profit agency or organization, a library, or a unit of local, state, or federal government which provides information to its constituents, to copy this information for distribution. Reproduction, retransmission, or other use of this information without the express written consent of the Center is strictly prohibited.