All external scholarships, awards and competitions are ordered according to the closest deadline. If you have any questions about these scholarships, please refer to their respective links
The Mike Lawrence Scholarship
The Mike Lawrence Scholarship is designed to assist undergraduate and graduate students who have a relationship with the Paul Simon Public Policy Institute. There is a preference for African Americans as well as for students who are involved in the institute’s Student Ambassador Program.
Steinger, Iscoe & Greene Law Scholarship for Child Advocates
Application Deadline: Spring Semester- November 30 - Fall Semester- July 31
Open to applicants who meet either of the following criteria:
-You have personally worked to protect children's rights or stop abuse either as a volunteer, as a counselor, in your professional work or by legal means.
-You are an abuse survivor who wishes to use your own experiences to help others.
The NAMWOLF Pipeline Diversity Scholarship
Deadline: June 15
NAMWOLF will provide two (2) scholarships in the amount of $10,000 each for the 2018-19 law school year.
The NAMWOLF Pipeline Diversity Scholarship program is open to 2018–19 second- and third-year African American, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, HBCU, LGBT and female students.
Any other 2018–19 second- and third-year law students who come from backgrounds that would add to the cause of diversity, regardless of race or gender, are eligible to apply.
Recipients will be invited to attend the NAMWOLF Annual Meeting September 26-29, 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Chicago. Recipients will be introduced to the NAMWOLF membership during the Annual Meeting.
The Darleen J. and Robert L. Walker Scholarship Fund
Deadline June 15
Provides financial assistance to law students and those beginning law school anywhere in the state of Illinois or in Milwaukee, Wisconsin or St. Louis, Missouri. While scholarships are open to all, applicants who are from Masonic families, are former residents of the Masonic Children’s Home in LaGrange, Illinois, or are Masons themselves are especially encouraged to apply.
The White Coat Investor Scholarship
The 2018 WCI Scholarship is underway! Applications will be accepted from June 1st until August 31st at midnight MST. There is no benefit to applying early, so feel free to procrastinate.
Only professional students enrolled full-time for the 2018-2019 year and in good academic standing are eligible (yes, we actually call your school and check.)
The application consists of a .doc file (such as that produced by Microsoft Word) sent via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org between June 1st and August 31st with the Subject Line “WCI Scholarship Application” that includes the following:
- Full Name
- Your Anticipated Degree and date of graduation
- Full Name of Your School
- Your Mailing Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Address
- An 800-1200 word proofread essay written in English on any topic you choose
Chicago-Kent College of Law Roy C. Palmer Civil Liberties Prize
Deadline: July 1, 2018
Established in 2007 at Chicago-Kent College of Law by the late Roy C. Palmer ’62 and his wife, Susan M. Palmer, the prize honors a work of scholarship that explores the tension between civil liberties and national security in contemporary American society.
The $10,000 prize is designed to encourage and reward public debate among scholars on current issues affecting the rights of individuals and the responsibilities of governments throughout the world.
American Inns of Court Warren E. Burger Prize
Deadline: July 1, 2018
- The author of the winning essay will receive a cash prize of $5,000
- The essay will be published in the South Carolina Law Review
- The prize will be presented to the recipient at the American Inns of Court annual Celebration of Excellence at the Supreme Court of the United States
Women’s VOLT Excellence in Education - Scholarship
Deadlines: July 31 and December 31, 2018
VOLT Lighting is proud to offer its first scholarship specifically for women! Offered bi-annually to women residing all across the United States.
- Applicants must be female and have earned less than $30,000 during the previous calendar year.
- Applicants must have an active email address i.e. yahoo, Gmail or an email address issued to the student by their respective high school, college or university.
- Applicants must be a full-time high school student or enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (part-time or full-time). Students attending technical institutions also qualify.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 25.
Tiftickjian Law Firm Annual Juvenile Justice Law School Scholarship 2018
Deadline: July 31, 2018
One applicant is awarded a $1,000 scholarship. The Tiftickjian Law Firm, P.C. scholarship award recipient will be notified of the selection on or before August 15th, 2018.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a United States citizen or permanent resident
- Be enrolled or accepted to an accredited law school within the United States
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.50 or higher
The Expert Institute's Annual Legal Writing Scholarship
Deadline - December 31, 2018
J.D. Students – Any topic in litigation involving expert witnesses
- Specific case references are required, and the article must contain specific examples
- Your article must be an unpublished, original submission. The Expert Institute reserves the right to publish in print and digital all or part of the essay or abstract at its discretion
- Citations should be inline – no footnotes or endnotes. Links to electronic sources are encouraged
- Articles must be 1,500 – 2,500 words in length, and written in a blog post format
- Award - one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded
- Article requirement - 1,500-2,500 words on any topic in litigation involving expert witnesses
The Diversity Scholarship Foundation
The Diversity Scholarship Foundation, NFP supports students seeking a career in the legal profession who have maintained a high GPA and are actively participating or supporting diversity related programs.
We encourage law students in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Indiana to apply.