Alumni & Friends
Since the first class graduated in 1976, the number of SIU School of Law graduates had grown to over 3,629 individuals. The alumni are a supportive network willing to assist current students and recent graduates in a variety of ways, including externships, bar preparation and employment opportunities.
Our alumni enjoy success in many different areas, both in the public and private sectors. Alumni practice law in 49 of the 50 states and internationally in over 10 countries. Seventy-seven alumni have or are currently filling federal and state judgeships with 23% of those being filled by women.
Alumni in the News
• Robert Bonjean III ’97 has been named Morgan County state’s attorney
• Letisha Luecking Orlet ‘11 has joined the national foreclosure defense team at Consumer Attorney Services.
• Tom Coupé '03 Works to Protect City’s Most Vulnerable
• Chad Turner ’97 has been hired as prosecutor in Morgan County, Illinois
• Christopher Koelker, Class of '98, appointed associate judge in 20th Judicial Circuit (IL)
• Neil T. Schroeder '93 elected associate judge
• Ashley Niebur ‘10 acceps position of ICUL’s manager-state governmental affairs
• Mollie (Nolan) Werwas, Class of 2006, elected to membership at Kopon Airdo in Chicago
• Eric Hill, Class of 2001, elected partner of HeplerBroom LLC.
• Ashley Nierbur, Class of 2010, featured in article about her work at the
Illinois Municipal League
• Elizabeth Gastelum, Class of '08, featured in Chicago Daily Law Bulletin
• Alisha L. Huls '03 joins Husch Blackwell
• Circuit Judge Paul W. Lamar '83
• Associate Judge Brian T. Otwell '84
• Andrew Roszak '08
• Sean M. Smoot '94
• Class Notes
• Dean's Note - November 2012
• Annual Report (2010)
• Law Suits
• Law Suits information for students
• Alumni Address or Employment Update
• Sign up for Alumni eNews
• Alumni eNews - November, 2011
• Alumni eNews - March, 2012
• Alumni eNews - June, 2012